Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Quilty 365 December Linkup!

It's time for the first Quilty 365 linkup! Hopefully there won't be any major glitches. I've been working on my circles since October 26 and still going strong. How about you? Hope you have some daily circles ready to show off too!

There is enormous satisfaction in choosing out fabric for one simple circle, every single day. Most days I find that one fabric print and/or color is more than sufficient. Other days I waffle on choosing a specific color. Don't pin me down! That's when I mix up my fabrics and make a patchwork sort of circle. I may or may not set them in chronological order for the final layout, but I thought it interesting to see how the colors change throughout the week. In the picture below, the very first vertical row is for Mondays which makes the very last row Sundays. Saturday and Sundays seem to be my most 'peaceful' days overall!
Days 1 through 37 in chronological order
Some people are being very artistic and/or thoughtful with their circles and I'm very jealous of their beautiful work. Wowsers! What an incredible fabric diary they will end up with! Then I return to my senses and think, no, this way is better for me--simple choices with very little time required each day. I know me and how I usually work. Gotta be realistic. For me to sustain it through the long haul {and stay on task}, I'd best keep it very low key. Not allow myself to get bogged down in the 'what ifs' and other creative hurdles that seem to be manufactured out of thin air around here. Not that I'm being dismissive of making this project as creative as possible! Not at all! I am so very impressed and amazed. Humbled and well, almost giddy that a simple idea could spark so much personality from such a large range of quilters and styles! Yay for the personal touch!

Quilty 365 absolutely should be approached as an individual project with very personal choices {whatever they may be}. At the end, this quilt should be reflective of who each one us is {as a quilter} right now. I, for one, am finding great joy in having a simple task for each day and then a 'completion' after the stitching is done.*sigh....  So let's be careful with quilty comparison and make sure to take joy {and pride} in our own uniquely creative process, while being encouraging to those traveling a similar road.

This linkup is open to everyone participating in Quilty 365, a year long quilting journey. And yes, it's actually going to be 366 days in total--leap year just makes it that much more fun! A few of us started in October, others in November and there will no doubt be quilters jumping in from now until January 1st. The amount of circles each person has is representative of how many days they've been playing along, not how far behind you might be! There is no 'behind' unless perhaps you've lost track of where you are in the calendar year.

Please link your thumbnail to a current post on your blog detailing:
  • Your starting date
  • What particular day you  happen to be at now {such as 'day 14'}
  • A picture of all your circles, whether they are stitched to the background fabric or not
  • A link back to this post
  • Any thoughts or introspection you might want to add about this particular project
Grab a button from the sidebar if you want to join in! It's not too late. After seeing how creative everybody is being, it's kind of hard not to want to start more than one of these projects. But I think I'll resist. There's always next year!

31 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous, I love your rich color mix!!
    I will be traveling and won't be able to link up before Thursday, until then I will be looking to see what everyone is doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your circles and some of them make me wonder what was happening in your life the day you created them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to get some photos together for an updated post and link up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that line, let's be careful with quilts comparison. My work schedule does not allow space for another every day activity but your circles are very inspiring. Love watching the process

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I am so excited that my link up worked. I think I am learning how to live in the 21st century. Love your circles Audrey and I am so happy with this project! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I linked to yesterdays post on my blog as I had just blogged about them yesterday. thanks for suggesting this project it is just right for all the charm squares that I have of fossil ferns - I loved my fabric but just couldn't settle on a project until I saw your circles. I am using every bit of scraps that come out of these charm squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea, but I won't be starting this until Jan1st of the New Year. I have the button on my side bar to spread the word and I know a few of my followers plan the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the link ups!! What a fun project!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very interested to come back later and see all the links. It must be so fun to see all the interpretations of your original idea! I've seen these projects all over.

    Yours already looks great! The consistent background really makes the circles the feature -- I think it's going to be very interesting to see the whole year's worth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The way you laid your circles out like a calendar does show differences in your feelings each day. It will be like a diary. Your family may like that too, which days mom might be more inclined to say "yes".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely circles Audrey & I'm please to say I'm managing to keep up. Loving all the personal representations of other participants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for such a fun quilty idea. It's great to see such participation and everyone's different interpretations. I did photo 365 several years ago so figured I could stick with a circle a day for a year too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shared your original post with a facebook group I am part of and now at least six of them are also busy making circles - everyone is finding it so enjoyable. Most of them don't have blogs, but some have instagram. I am going to give them some encouragement (and instruction) to link up a photo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like lots of fun circles. I love the variety people are coming up with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this - it has been such a satisfying project for me! Life has been a bit on the busy side lately so I don't have any photos to show. It's just the kind of hand sewing I need at night. I'm on Day 26 and hope to link up in January. Thanks Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Audrey! Your circles and their creative simplicity have inspired so many different interpretations. I could not resist joining you and linking in too - thanks for the inspiration and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for this fun project. And for the link up party, I m so excited to see everyone's versions. I ll get my pix up on my blog tomorrow I hope.

    lizzy at gone to the beach

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am loving this project Audrey! Thank you for such an inspiring and creative idea. Like you have had second thoughts, maybe I should have done circles, your look so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool, I think I will join you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love this idea!! I also like your simple approach!

    ReplyDelete
  21. On one level this is such a simple idea, but just look what you've started! I really think the best fun in this is seeing so many different interpretations. Your idea of arranging so that each day lines up is interesting - I wonder whether after 3 or 4 months the similarities will be more apparent or less.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the simple idea of a circle a day...keep tossing it around in my head...would have to hook mine though...no time to add applique to my schedule...I do have some large pieces of linen...thinking of making rug/runner...will post on my blog and let you know when ( if ) I start...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad you did a linkup. I have found several people who were making these, but it is so nice to see all of them lined up like this. Wow, there really are a lot of creative choices. I thought about varying the sizes of my circles, and see several people have beat me to it. I might still do that - will have to see. And all the different shapes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! I'm so inspired with this! My friend Maryse is making these circles and from there I found you. I'm seriously thinking to start 1st of January. Until then I can plan a little bit how this will work best for me. I know summer time will be very busy so I have to find easy way. It's surely fun to pick the fabric every day and to see later on what mood we were those days. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so beguiled by this project. It is great to see the variety others are coming up with. I love yours lain out like a calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This project is turning very interestingly as everyone has a unique take on the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So exciting Audrey! See what you started... circles for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gosh this idea has taken off! I adore your approach (and wise words), and how each person has dived in creatively and uniquely. I found myself both inspired, and slightly envious of some participants too, and have had to ground myself as well, do what is best for me. I love your circles and having those neutral backgrounds really lets your gorgeous fabrics shine :) Thanks so much for a fantastic simple idea and letting us all join in with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. With so much inspiration from all of you, I'm looking forward to starting this project tomorrow. Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, I join to your Quilty 365! I like this easy way to take part and do one little piece everyday around the year. I did my very first circle 1.1.2016.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.