Tuesday, March 19, 2013

25 of the Best Quilt Blogs

This quilt is possibly the craziest quilt I have ever attempted--flying by the seat of my pants just to see where I end up!  I finally figured out how to sew those slightly curved seams together so that the borders lay flat.  Yay me!  I was grinning so much my kids were probably scared to be around me.*wink
Border work on The Big Broken Dish
Lots more work to finish up the 4 applique corner blocks plus all the words I want appliqued on the borders (still missing one of those too).  One corner block is supposed to have a light bulb appliqued on it and for the life of me I can't see to draw one properly.  Agghh!!  How hard is it to draw a light bulb?

People keep coming back to read this post from last year, so I decided it's time to do an update.  I'm always looking for quilt blogs written by people who love the process, aren't afraid to admit to struggles and mistakes, show their work--not just the pretty finishes, and continually manage to find plenty of time to post about a love of quilting from their unique point of view.  Listed in no particular order, these are the 25 that popped out from my link list today.  It could be a different list on another day.



16 comments:

  1. I nearly fell off my chair to see my blog listed , what an honour, thank you!! The top your working on is so fun, I love it's boldness and whimsy. Good luck with the light bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you do a google image search to find a picture of a light bulb and then take your template from that? I cant freehand draw to save myself so that's what I'd be doing!

    I like winging it with some of my quilts. It's quite liberating just meandering along with no firm end plan in mind.

    I'm honoured to be on your list ...thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the list! There are some blogs that I need to check out, thanks for sharing them. It's such an honor to find my own blog on the list...thank you so much! If I made a list, you would totally be on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the honor of being included in your list!! l see many l would also include in my list, and a few new to me. Off to check them out. Good luck with your light bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention ;-)
    I was fortunate to find your blog and Follow your quilting adventures.
    Stitch on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the mention :) I see some blogs listed that I hadn't seen before so now I will have to investigate and see what I am missing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be able to find lots of clip art light bulbs on the internet. I'm starting to do a bit more applique and I really enjoy it! Do you have a favorite applique technique? In regards to your Big Broken Dish... you seem to be flying by the seat of your pants rather successfully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Audrey!
    Crikey!! I'm on your list too...thank you.
    Must spend some time checking in on some on your list who I haven't visited before...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Audrey for including me on your list! What an honour to be surrounded by such talented and creative quilters!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, oh. Wow! I made your list! Thank you! Great chance for me also to check out the others on this list, will grab a latte later on today and take some time for that, will be interesting to 'meet' some new people. Yes, and those struggles now and then.... ouch! But the satisfaction when it does work out, great! You are right, it is not about production but about the proces. Good luck with you Big Broken Dish, it will turn out great, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you! that was so nice of you to include me in this list...wow.

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you are doing with this quilt. Love following you progress on your quilts.
    And tanks for incuding me on your list of fab blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the shout out Audrey! It is an honour to be included on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Audrey, I enjoy your blog as well. It certainly is a journey and as such...filled with ups and downs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It only took me a year to discover I was on your list, Audrey! Thanks for the shout out ~ quite belatedly!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found some new favorites here, thank you for the list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love getting comments and always try to respond via email. Please leave an email in the comment to ensure a return reply! {Many of you are popping up as Anonymous for some reason, so I have no idea who it is.} Regardless, I appreciate all the comments and read every single one.